ACLS Public Fellows Competition for Recent Ph.D.s
ACLS invites applications for the fourth competition of the Public Fellows program. This year, the program will place 20 recent PhDs from the humanities and humanistic social sciences in two-year staff positions at partnering organizations in government and the nonprofit sector. Fellows will participate in the substantive work of these organizations and receive professional mentoring. Fellows receive a stipend of $65,000 per year, as well as individual health insurance.
- Stipend: $65,000 per year, with health insurance coverage for the fellow
- Tenure: Two years; start date in mid-July or early September 2014, depending on the position
- Applications accepted only through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (ofa.acls.org). The system will open on January 22, 2014. Please do not contact any of the organizations directly.
- Application deadline: March 19, 2014, 6pm EDT
- Notification of application status will occur by email starting May 2014.
- possess U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status*;
- have a PhD in the humanities or humanistic social sciences (see note on eligible fields below) conferred between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2014;
- have defended and deposited their dissertations no later than the application deadline of March 19, 2014; and
- not have applied to any other ACLS fellowship programs in the 2013-2014 competition year.
*Applicants to the position within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services must possess U.S. citizenship.