« All Events
Master’s Scholarships for Women’s and Gender Studies and Social Research (University of Hull)
June 15, 2015
School of Social Sciences and the University of Hull is offering 4 EU HEFCE ‘Access’ scholarships worth £10,00 each for the MA Women’s and Gender Studies (2 scholarships) and for the MSc Applied Social Research (2 scholarships) programme for entry in 2015.
The University of Hull is pleased to offer a number of bursaries totalling £850,000 to students from under-represented groups who wish to progress onto taught Master’s programmes at the university in 2015. Each bursary is worth £10,000, and where this amount exceeds the programme tuition fee the student will receive the remainder as maintenance support.
This is a competitive scholarship. Not all applications will be successful.
To be eligible to receive the University of Hull Postgraduate Support Scheme you must meet all of the following criteria.
· Be domiciled in the UK/EU and eligible to pay UK/EU PG Tuition fees
· Be progressing from a 2012/2013 entry Undergraduate course for which they were charged £9,000 per year tuition fee
· Have been financially assessed by Student Finance England during the course of their undergraduate studies and are able to provide evidence that they were in receipt of a Maintenance Grant, Special Support Grant or University based Household Income assessed Bursary or Scholarship
· Be self-funding their Master’s programme
· Not already hold an equivalent level qualification
· Meet the necessary academic entry criteria as per course requirements, and have applied7 for an eligible programme before 30 June 2015
Successful applicants will not be able to hold the Postgraduate Support Scheme bursary in conjunction with any other University of Hull award.
Please download your application form8 and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 June 2015.
For those applying to the MA Women’s and Gender Studies (GEMMA) programme, you must also apply for the programme via the GEMMA website: http://masteres.ugr.es/gemma/ This is a two year programme in partnership with seven European Institutions and results in two Masters degrees being issued to those successfully completing the programme. It is unique and recognised by the European Commission as a Masters of Excellence. The fee rate and application process is slightly different from standard one year UK Master’s programmes so you must see the website http://masteres.ugr.es/gemma/ for further details. There is also information here: http://www2.hull.ac.uk/fass/socsci/postgraduate-studies/gemma—ma-women-and-gender.aspx
The deadline for applications for general admission to the GEMMA programme is 30th April 2015, however the deadline for the new HEFCE scholarships is 30th June 2015, as such anyone wishing to be considered for the GEMMA programme and HEFCE scholarships must contact Dr Suzanne Clisby.
For those applying to the MSc Applied Social Research, please contact Dr Lisa Dikomitis L.Dikomitis@hull.ac.uk for further details, and also see: http://www2.hull.ac.uk/pg/courses/appliedsocialresearchmsc.aspx This is a one year full time or two year part-time programme and follows the standard rules for application as other University of Hull postgraduate taught programmes.