The European Journal of American Studies is the official journal of the European Association for American Studies, and can be accessed at http://ejas.revues.org
The editorial team is led by three Senior Editors, one covering Literature, Culture and the Arts, one managing the Journal’s interests in History, Politics, Social Sciences and International Relations, and a third co-ordinating the Journal’s web presence.
The current Senior Editor for History, Politics, IR and Social Science, Dr Jenel Virden, is standing down from this position. Members of EAAS will undoubtedly join the Officers and Board of the Association, and the remaining Senior Editors, Marek Paryz and Cara Rodway, in thanking Jenel for her work establishing the Journal on the international landscape of American Studies.
The Senior Editors are supported by Associate Editors, and work with Reviews Editor Theodora Tsimpouki to maintain a flow of work into the Journal’s webpages. The names of the current editorial team can be found at http://ejas.revues.org/9995.
The responsibilities of the Senior Editor for History, Politics, IR and Social Science are:
- In close co-operation with the other Senior Editors to establish, review and maintain a forward-looking strategy for the European Journal of American Studies.
- To identify a team of Associate Editors, and recommend their appointment to the President of EAAS.
- In co-operation with the other Senior Editors, to review and recommend to the President and the Board of EAAS regular updates to the membership of the Editorial Board.
- To engage with Associate Editors, the Editorial Board, EAAS Officers and EAAS Board members to solicit submissions to the Journal from an international range of conferences in American Studies and on American themes and through regular targeted and broad-based calls for papers.
- To encourage proposals for Special Issues of the Journal, and to work with the Guest Editors to ensure the delivery of these Special Issues.
- To delegate relevant actions to the Associate Editors and maintain close contact with them.
- In co-operation with Associate Editors and members of the Editorial Board to identify relevant experts and obtain readers’ reports from them.
- To receive and manage incoming submissions in the relevant disciplines, maintaining a database of submissions and ensuring the prompt progression of the submissions through the Journal’s refereeing and publication system.
- In co-operation with the other Senior Editors to prepare annual reports on Journal activities for EAAS Board meetings.
- In co-operation with the other Senior and Associate Editors, to pursue the indexing of the Journal in relevant indexes and to enhance the journal’s scholarly visibility.
- In co-operation with the other Senior Editors to keep under review the long-term strategy for the Journal, including issues such as the best submission processes, the most appropriate long-term internet platform, and the most useful outreach strategies for the Journal.
- To perform any other relevant duties as required by the Officers and Board of EAAS.
The current term for the Senior Editor for History, Politics, IR and Social Science runs to 2018, with the opportunity to renew at that date for a further 4 year term.
Applications should be no more than 4 pages long. Applicants should explain their vision and strategy for the European Journal of American Studies, explain the personal skills and resources that their appointment would bring to the Journal, and should include a brief CV in their 4 page document. Experience of web-based journal production and/or web-based publications may be an advantage. Applicants must be current members of a constituent organisation of EAAS.
Submissions should be made in the form of a Word document attached to a covering email and sent to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Monday 19th October 2015.