- This event has passed.
Engage 2014 Competition
March 31, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Engage 2014 Competition
Are you involved in public engagement with research? Have you been involved in a great project that you want to share? Why not enter the Engage 2014 Competition.
The NCCPE are running this national competition to find and celebrate high quality public engagement with research projects.
Across the UK researchers are engaging the public in lots of different ways and for lots of different reasons. We want to recognise and reward great quality examples of public engagement in practice, and we want you to get involved.
We’re interested in applications covering projects from all disciplines, of any size, length and cost.
A judging panel will shortlist our finalists who will be invited to showcase their projects at an event at the Natural History Museum in London during Universities Week on Wednesday 11th June 2014 where the overall winner will be announced.
The overall winner will be offered £2,500 to develop or share their engagement work with others. Further competition categories will be decided once submission is closed as we are keen to encourage as wide a range as applications as possible, and want to ensure the categories reflect that diversity.
One overall winner and a runner up will be decided from ALL entries; and there will be a winner and runner up for each individual category. We are anticipating a maximum of 5 categories as well as the overall award.
The competition is open to all UK HE institutions and research organisations and their partners.
- Entrants must be a current member of staff or student at a UK HEI or Research Institute
- Applications from partners in collaborative projects are encouraged, however the named applicant should be a current member of staff or student at a UK HEI.
- Open to individuals or groups, but group entries must be submitted by one named individual who is the main contact for the competition
- Collaborations with other HE/Research institutions are eligible
- The activity must already have taken place or be ongoing (depending on the nature of activity)
- The activity must be an example of public engagement with research
- Entrants agree to their entry being made public in a permanent online repository at NCCPE’s discretion
- Entrants must be available to attend the final event at the Natural History Museum in Universities Week 2014 if selected
- Entrants agree to pay travel costs to the final event if invited
Entry to the competition is now open.
For information on what you can expect on the entry form, please see the entry form supporting document.
The closing date for entries is 31st March 2014 at 5pm. Late entries will not be accepted. We will only accept entries that are made on the online form.
Please read the full competition terms and conditions and competition criteria before applying.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.