- This event has passed.
CFP: Edited Collection on the Writing of Marilynne Robinson
September 15, 2017
As part of the Manchester University Press series, Contemporary American and Canadian Writers, this volume will chart recent and emerging critical opinion on the celebrated author, Marilynne Robinson. Having issued an earlier call for papers, the editors now seek proposals that specifically address the following areas:
- Robinson and her contemporaries;
- Robinson’s nonfiction writing;
- Robinson and race;
- Robinson’s role as a public intellectual;
- Literary review culture, prize giving, and the production of “literary” fiction via the Iowa Writers’ Workshop;
- Robinson’s engagement with history, particularly the ongoing relevance of the American Civil War, Reconstruction, and/or Civil Rights Movement to her work;
- Robinson and US intellectual history.
Please email abstracts of no more than 300 words with your institutional affiliation and brief bio (c. 250 words) to email@example.com no later than 15th September 2017. All chapters will be subject to a blind peer review process and full details and submission guidelines will be provided to contributors on acceptance of proposals. Any queries should be sent to the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.