Interventions: New Perspectives on Politics, Freedom, and Democracy
May 10, 2019 – Leicester, UK.
Keynote address from Professor Robert Eaglestone, Royal Holloway.
Deadline for abstracts and panel proposals: February 1st, 2019.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interventions 2019 aims to critically explore pertinent socio-political issues and their cultural representations. Papers of twenty minutes might include, but are not limited to:
• Post-truth politics
• Neoliberalism and freedom
• Democratic participation
• Class and austerity politics
• Globalisation, migration, and citizenship
• Censorship, offense, and free speech
• Autonomy and marginalised identities
• Resistance and activism in the arts and humanities
• Theoretical interventions with regard to freedom and democracy
• Cultural responses to political events
• Social media and social movements
• Politics and the academe
• Corporations, governments, and accountability
• Politics and mental health
• Technologies and democracy
• Anti-semitism and Islamophobia