Applicants are invited to apply for one of several awards being offered in 2015 to help support scholars wishing to visit London to use the British Library’s collections relating to North America.
- One Visiting Professor Award of £7000 is offered to help support three months of research at the British Library by a senior scholar from the USA or Canada.
- One Visiting US Fellow Award of £2500 is offered to help support one month of research at the British Library by a senior scholar from the USA.
- One Visiting Canadian Fellow Award of £2500 is offered to help support one month of research at the British Library by a senior scholar from Canada.
- UK researchers from outside the M25 corridor may apply for one of five postdoctoral Visiting Fellowships, which offer £2250 to support at least one month of research at the Library.
- UK-based doctoral students may apply for a Postgraduate Student Award of £600 to support research visits to the Library.
- Researchers normally resident outside the UK in a country that has membership of EAAS may apply for the postdoctoral Eccles Centre Visiting European Fellowship (which offers £2500 to support at least one month’s research at the Library) or the European Postgraduate Award of £800 to support research visits to the British Library.
The administration of these Awards will be managed by the British Association for American Studies. The award holders are required to acknowledge the support received in any resulting publications, and will submit a brief written report and a financial report support by receipts, to the Eccles Centre and to BAAS at the end of the Award period.
Candidates should submit a brief CV and a document outlining the nature of the North American Studies research they propose to undertake at the British Library (total number of pages should not exceed four) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 30 January 2015
Read about the current award holders and previous recipients here.