Literature Compass welcomes proposals for articles in all areas of American Literary Study. LICO is one of the largest electronic journals in literary studies with 18 international Section Editors and 140 Board members. The ideal Compass article offers a critical intervention in a field or sub-field, mapping its present state and plotting the direction our authors wish to take it in the future. Articles are typically between 5000-6000 words in length although double-length (10,000-12,000) submissions can be commissioned.
You can find further information on the following pages:
Benefits for authors include:
• Article published within 6-8 weeks of acceptance
• A citable, peer-reviewed article, with a permanent DOI
• Indexing in the MLA Bibliography
• International exposure / broad readership
• PDF offprint
• Free personal access to Literature Compass for 1 year
• 5% off a subscription for your institution
In addition, you will receive free Blackwell books of your choice to the value of £30/$50, if your manuscript is submitted within the agreed timeframe.
If you wish to submit a proposal or have any questions please contact the American Literature Editor, Brian Jarvis (B.Jarvis@lboro.ac.uk).