Are you a confident communicator with social media skills and an eye for a great campaign?
U.S. Studies Online is seeking a Co-Communications and Outreach Editor to join their friendly, hard-working team.
The role would be suited to a postgraduate or early career researcher working in any area of American Studies who is looking to develop their skillset and expand their professional network.
- Curating and managing a campaign to promote USSO’s activity on Twitter
- Updating branding and logos, and creating graphics when needed
- Maintaining strong connections with institutional partners on Twitter
- Compiling the monthly newsletter: highlighting the articles, reviews, and content produced that month
- Publicising USSO articles and events on Twitter: scheduling tweets in alignment with the publication schedule, regularly sharing our opportunities and call for contributions, and tagging relevant accounts and hashtags to reach our intended audience
- Managing the Twitter account: including the #WriteAmStudies hashtag, interacting with other American Studies accounts, responding to enquiries, and generally maintaining a good online presence
- Fostering and maintaining strong professional connections with cultural partners
- Liaising with Sam, the existing Co-Communications and Outreach Editor, on upcoming projects
This year, USSO is undergoing some key changes across its website, content and social media channels. The newly created role of Co-Communications and Outreach Editor is an excellent opportunity to design and deliver a project of your own; contribute to the future vision of USSO; and create a positive impact in the postgraduate and ECA community in American Studies.
These positions are, as with many BAAS roles, voluntary and are intended to be held for a minimum of 1 year.
Download the full application form here.
Please send your completed application form and academic CV to Sarah and Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday 28th October 2022. Interviews will be conducted the following week.