U.S. Studies Online (USSO) is seeking three passionate and dedicated researchers in the American Studies community to join its friendly and hard-working editorial team. Currently we are seeking a new Book Reviews Editor, Events Editor and Communications Editor to work alongside current Editors Sarah Collier, Robyn Shooter and Ciarán Leinster.
Responsibilities will include:
Book Reviews Editor
- Commissioning and editing book reviews from PGRs and ECAs
- Liaising with publishers to order copies of books to be sent to reviewers
- Compiling lists of newly released books in American Studies
- Uploading reviews to WordPress, scheduling the reviews, and liaising with the communications editor to promote them
- Commissioning and editing event reviews from PGRs and ECAs
- Researching upcoming American Studies events, for example conferences, for review
- Liaising with and conducting interviews with events organisers as part of our Eyes on Events series
- Recording, editing and uploading Eyes on Events interviews to our website
- Compiling the monthly newsletter: highlighting the articles, reviews, and content produced that month
- Publicising USSO articles and events on Twitter: scheduling tweets in alignment with the publication schedule, regularly sharing our opportunities and call for contributions, and tagging relevant accounts and hashtags to reach our intended audience
- Managing the Twitter account: including the #WriteAmStudies hashtag, interacting with other American Studies accounts, responding to enquiries, and generally maintaining a good online presence
- Updating branding and logos when needed
These positions are, as with many BAAS roles, voluntary and are intended to be held for a minimum of 1 year.
Download the full application form here.
Please send your completed application form and academic CV to Sarah and Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Sunday 22nd May 2022. Interviews will be conducted the following week.